15 things you may not know about me.
Hi there, nice to see you again. How are you doing? I hope you're keeping safe and well in these crazy times we're currently existing in. With social distancing and lockdown measures in place I am certainly feeling the distance from my loved ones, as I know we all are. So, I thought I would tell you 15 things that you may not know about me that may help you to feel a little more connected to humanity. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have already seen my IGTV video 'Get to know me' about this subject, if not go give it a watch!
1. I am a proud big sister to three gorgeous little brothers - Josh (22), Jacob (8) & Oakley (7). I have loved to watch them grow and flourish into the amazing men that they have become and will go on to be.
2. I am one quarter Spanish and very proud of my Spanish heritage - My late Grandad was born and raised in Malaga and when he passed we discovered a whole other side of the family that we never knew existed. Because of this I chose to study Spanish GCSE at school, continued to study at A Level at college and almost went to University to further my language skills. I can hold a semi-fluent conversation but understand, hear and read fluently.
3. I absolutely love to read & write - I read a lot of books mainly books of films, romance novels and non-fiction but I have recently taken a keen interested in personal development and network marketing material. Ever since I was little I wrote a diary (albeit not consistently!) and I knew one day that I wanted to be a blogger. This is actually the third blog I've started. My first was a body confidence blog, the second was a wedding planning blog (we'll come onto this later) and my third attempt stuck!
4. I would love to write a book one day - I wanted to be an author when I was younger and always wanted to inspire people with my words and knowledge. I drafted the chapters for a book titled 'A teenagers guide to surviving a divorce' when my parents separated but never wrote the book.
5. I have an aspiration to study psychology one day - I have always been so interested in the mind and how we think. I have a very photographic memory and can remember small details such as what someone ate in a restaurant or what they wore on their birthday years ago. I'm currently devouring the genius work of Dr Joe Dispenza and it is blowing my MIND! If I had a time machine to go back and swap A Level photography for A Level psychology, I would.
6. I'm a really vivid dreamer - When I dream they are always very vivid, realistic and obscure. I always remember them and it's a running joke in my family that as soon as I wake up I roll over and tell the person next to me all about it in detail. I have been known to dream about an event or experience before it has happened then revel in the déjà vu as it unfolds days later, cool right?
7. I love to dance and I can secretly sing - For as long as I remember I have loved to dance and although I was never very good at school when taking my GCSE dance exams, just watch me in a nightclub when a good song comes on! Very few people have heard me sing and not many believe that I can, but I am still very shy and will only sing in private.
8. I LOVE FOOD! - For all those who know me I absolutely love my food. I'm convinced that it's the Spanish blood running through my veins but the true key to me heart is food. I must admit that I can't bake very well but I love looking up new recipes. There really isn't many things that I don't like to eat, but one of them is black pudding.
9. I have a varied and eclectic music taste - When I was younger my Dad had one of the iPod classics, you know the brick looking ones that stored tens of thousands of songs? He had every artist imaginable on there so we grew up surrounded by all types of music. My Grandad on my Mum's side is also really into his music so we were brought up listening to the likes of Neil Diamond, The Eagles and Bob Dylan to name a few!
10. I have a certification in wedding & event planning - A few years ago I aspired to be a wedding planner and over two and a half years I enrolled myself onto an online course and taught myself completing with a certification in wedding & event planning. Although my path has changed I am grateful for the knowledge that I acquired ready to plan my own wedding in the future and help others when the time comes.
11. I have an everlasting love for country music & latino music - I was introduced to latino music in the form of Enrique Iglesias when I was 5 years old by my Grandma on a CD she had in her car. 'Hero' will always be one of my all time favourites. From there as my knowledge of the language expanded at school and I met my best friend Mary - who also shared an endless love for Enrique - I have always turned to reggaetton and latin music to get me in the best moods and fuel my workouts in the gym. My second musical love is country, this is a love affair that is still in the new stages as that same best friend only introduced it to me around 2 years ago with 'Chicken Fried' by The Zac Brown Band. I will listen to this style of music all day long, whilst getting ready, walking to work, studying...
12. I am an old fashioned romantic - My Nan always used to say that I lived in a 'Mills & Boon' world but being brought up on Disney classics, fairy tales and happily ever after meant that I have always seen love in a very different way. I do believe in soulmates and that there is that one special person out there for us all.
13. I have always been maternal - When I was younger, like most girls my age, I loved to play with dolls. I had three and would get up each day and bath them, dress them, feed them and take them out for a walk in their pram. I knew from a very young age that I couldn't wait to be a mother and have children of my own, something that at the age of 24 now I am thinking about a lot.
14. Don't do things half-heatedly - I'm not one of those people who just 'has a go' at something. Be it a relationship, mastering a new skill or undertaking a task I go all in with everything that I do. I believe that if you're going to do something you may as well put all your effort into it.
15. I get a huge kick out of being organised & tidy. - As sad as it sounds nothing makes me happier than a to-do list and a spreadsheet! I must admit that I have a mild case of OCD when it comes to organisation and I'm also a sucker for colour coding and stationery... I know, sad right? You should see my Google Drive man, it's heavenly!
So, now you know some crazy, secret and slightly odd things about me. I really enjoyed writing this blog and I encourage you to share some things about yourself that others may not know, it's quite a powerful exercise.
Big love & lockdown hugs,